Friday 26 February 2010

Whimsical Purple Fun


Hi everyone sorry I have been an absent blogger has been a hectic few weeks for me, firstly my friend (she lost her husband last November)came over to stay for a few days which turned into a week loved spending time with her of course, and then as she went home my grandson arrived to stay for the week (half term). As you can imagine there was no time to even switch on the computer let alon craft! lol; but we had a brilliant time - love him to bits :-)


So today I have locked myself in my craft room and my inspiration was taken from the fabulous Orchid pot of SU glitter from the Fine Cosmo set; which has been calling to me for ages so I decided to stay with the one colour for my card. Unfortunately the photo does not show up the glitter too well but believe me it has bling!! Even my beloved dog Meg now has purple highlights on her coat (she is or was a golden retriever) .

I used Whimsical Wings Stamp Set and stamped the background card with the smaller stamps in the set added glitter to the swirls and centre of flowers. The main image is stamped and again all the swirls are highlighted with the glitter I have layered the large flower and also birds wing. I distressed the edges with the tool from SU cutter kit.

Note to self : I love this set and I must use it more as it is so versatile.
Bye for now


Maggie

SU items used
Card Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White; Stamps Whimsical Wings, Oval all; Punches Scalloped Oval, 1" circle and 11/4" circle; Inks Perfect Plum; Grossgrain White ribbon; Stampin Glitter Fine Cosmo Orchid

3 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hiya,
Glad to see you back crafting! really love this colour you have used, shame camera not picked up sparkle i struggle with that too!
sounds like you been busy lady x
see you soon
Suzie qx

bevdaw2064 said...

Hello sweet,
this is the most beautiful set of stamps I have seen from Stampin Up!
and your colour combo is super.
Well done.
Bev

AnnAussie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! We don't have that set in Australia unfortunately.
Ann L